21 QA WBCS
21 Basic Question Answer WBCS
1. Fill in the blank with the correct
his humiliation, he attended the function.
(A) Inspite (B) Notwithstanding (C)
Nevertheless (D) As of
2. “Call up” means :
A) recollect (B) anticipate (C) befriend (D) invite
3. Use a suitable Auxiliary Verb to fill in the blank space :
In all probability it rain tonight.
(A) will (B) can (C) may (D) ought
4. Fill in the blank with the correct word:
She had better the room.
(A) entered (B) requested (C) moved (D) called
5. Fill in the blank with the appropriate Phrasal verb:
The girl her mother.
(A) takes after (B) calls in (C) puts off (D) puts by
6. Fill in the blank with the appropriate word:
She liked the plan better.
(A) latter (B) later (C) fast (D) early
7. Fill in the blank with the correct word:
A b ow was seen in the sky.
(A) multicoloured (B) shooting
7 Fill in the blank with the correct word ;
A ___ bow was seen in the sky.
(A) multicoloured (B) shooting (C)
staring (LD) melodious
8. ”A bolt from the blue” means
(A) sudden disaster (13) in trouble (C)
blessing from above (1D) to remain neutral
9, Choose the correct meaning of the word from the alternatives given below :
(A) of the first or highest quality (B) a
long list (C) loose, flowing robe (D) sanctified
10. Insert a correct Participle in the
blank space :
____ about dinner. John ran the whole way home.
(A) Having finished (13) Lixcited (C) Had been excited (D) Hungy
11. Fill in the blank with the correct Phrasal Verb:
The teacher will a new chapter tomorow.
(A) take over (B) take up (C) take down (D) take off
12. Insert the correct Adverbial Phrase in the blank space :
Only is there a rumble in the sky.
(A) occasionally (B) swiftly (C) quite (D) merrily
13. Choose the word opposite in meaning to the word underlined below
Mary’s patience and serenity won the admiration of all who saw her.
(A) holiness (B) placidity (C) agitation (D) equanimity
14. Marble may be used with
(A) Painting(B) Music (C) Rocks (D) Sculpture
15. Insert the appropriate Prepositions in the sentence :
He has a preference____________tea___________coffee.
(A) over, for (B) for, to (C) for, over (D) to, over
16. Insert the proper preposition in the sentence:
It is 9 o’clock my watch.
(A) by (B) in (C) at (D) into
17. “Regret’ may be expressed by the following interjection:
(A) Alas! (B) Hush! (C) Bravo! (D) Hurrah!
18. Fill in the blank with the appropriate infinitive is human.
(A) To laugh (B) To err (C) To read (D) To save
19. One who considers the happiness and well being of others first is an
(A) Atheist (B) Altruist (C) Alchemist (D) Aesthete
20. Fill in the blank with the correct word:
An Ophthalmologist is a person who deals with
(A) heart (B) eyes (C) glands (D) lungs
21. Fill in the blank with the appropriate preposition She was running short time.
(A) at (B) of (C) with (D) for