📖 Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk : 06 May 2021
1) Mamata Banerjee, the Trinamool Congress (TMC) chief, took oath as the chief minister of West Bengal for the third consecutive term. She was administered the oath by Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar.
👉Mamata became the chief minister of West Bengal for the first time in 2011 by ending the 34-year-long CPI(M) regime, one of the longest-serving elected governments in the world.
▪️West Bengal :-
👉CM – Mamata Banerjee
👉GOVERNOR – Jagdeep Dhankhar
👉Folk Dances – Lathi, Gambhira, Dhali, Jatra, Baul, Chhau, Santhali Dance
2) The government approved the allocation of additional food grain to National Food Security Act (NFSA) beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (Phase III) for a period of two months – May and June 2021.
3) Marketing technology startup Wondrlab has appointed Jateen Kore as its Digital Head.
👉 He will be based in Mumbai and will report to Rakesh Hinduja, Co-Founder and managing partner-content platform at Wondrlab.
4) The government has issued guidelines for the ‘Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for the Food Processing Industry (PLISFPI). Minister of Food Processing Industry Narendra Singh Tomar also launched an online portal for the PLISFPI.
▪️Recent News :- Agriculture minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched a portal “Madhukranti” to bring transparency by introducing traceability system in sourcing of honey.
5) Amitabh Chaudhry has been re-appointed as the Managing Director and CEO of the private sector lender Axis Bank for three more years by bank board.
6) The Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has ramped up its production of liquid medical oxygen (LMO) from zero to 1000 MT per day which constitutes more than 11% of the country’s total medical grade liquid oxygen production.
7) In Snooker, Mark Selby became the World Champion for the fourth time. Selby won the Championship defeating Shaun Murphy by 18-15 victory at Crucible Theatre, Sheffield.
8) Tamilnadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit has accepted the resignation of Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisamy and his council of ministers.
👉DMK will formally elect their leader M.K. Stalin as the Chief Minister.
▪️Tamil Nadu :-
👉Governor – Banwarilal Purohit
👉Sathyamangalam tiger reserve (STR)
👉Kalakkad Mundanthurai tiger reserve (KMTR)
9) The Finance Ministry has cut the Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST) on import of oxygen concentrators for personal use to 12 percent from 28 percent earlier.
▪️Ministry of Finance :-
Founded – 29 October 1946
Headquarters – New Delhi
Cabinet Minister – Nirmala Sitharaman
10) The United Kingdom has become the first country to announce regulation that allows the use of self-driving vehicles at slow speeds on motorways.
11) NATO has launched joint military exercises in Albania with thousands of military forces from the United States and other countries in the first such large-scale drills since World War II in the Western Balkans.
▪️North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) :-
Formation – 4 April 1949
Headquarters – Brussels, Belgium
12) The Jammu and Kashmir administration has constituted a five-member Crisis Management Group (CMG) to monitor the prevailing Covid-19 situation in the Union Territory to take preventive and mitigating measures accordingly.
▪️Jammu and Kashmir :-
👉L. Governor of J&K – Manoj Sinha
👉Dachigam National Park
👉Salim Ali National Park
👉Rajparian Wildlife Sanctuary
👉Hirapora Wildlife Sanctuary
👉Gulmarg Wildlife Sanctuary
13) Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan handed over his resignation letter to Governor Arif Mohammad Khan.
👉The Governor accepted the resignation and directed the Chief Minister to continue in office till the formation of the new government.
👉Vallam Kali boat race in Kerala.
👉Kerala: Idukki Dam on Periyar River
👉Kerala :- Pamba River
👉GOVERNOR :- Arif Mohammad Khan
14) The NASA spacecraft flew by Venus last summer and detected a natural radio signal from Earth’s twin.
👉 This signal revealed that the probe actually passed through the upper atmosphere of Venus, collecting the first direct measurement of it in almost 30 years.
👉Headquarters – Washington, D.C.
👉Formed – July 29, 1958
👉Preceding agency – National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics
©All Rights Reserved to @Upsc_Prelims_Current_Affairs_PDF